IMPORTANT NOTICE - 2022 PRICE INCREASE
HuggleHounds® would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your continued support during the challenges we’ve all faced over the past 18 months. The complexities of dealing with a global pandemic and the health, safety and wellbeing of our respective customers, staff and families has certainly been taxing.
As you know, we instituted a 2.5% imported freight surcharge in June of 2021 as a temporary measure to address rising global materials and logistics costs. Unfortunately, these costs have not moderated. This temporary surcharge will be replaced by a permanent price adjustment for HuggleHounds® products effective for all orders received starting January 15, 2022. The price increase will not impact our new Made In the USA Tuffut-Flex™ and Tuffut-Lon™ lines or the HuggleHounds® University licensed product line. Please see the revised product listing that reflects our prices after that date here.(The 2022 Seasonal and Limited Edition price list can be found here).
We do not take this decision lightly. We are committed to continue to bring products to market featuring the quality and innovation you and your customers have come to expect from us.
We look forward to ending 2021 on a high note, with everyone safe, healthy and with strong sales for your respective businesses.
Please reach out if we can answer any questions and know that your business and partnership mean the world to us!
The Hugglehounds Team
At HuggleHounds®, we work to protect our boutique pet retailer partners by meticulously tracking online seller activity; requiring sellers to register through us; and ensuring retailers adhere to our MAP policy, thereby eliminating unfair price competition.
By authorizing retailers, HuggleHounds® also works to protect both retailers and consumers against counterfeit or substandard products entering the marketplace. It’s these reasons why we do not accept retailer applications without a brick and mortar location, and why we ask applicants to provide website address, or to snap a few iPhone pictures of their store and send them along to us.
Since our inception, we’ve stayed true to two philosophies: be a company that addresses the needs and passions of pet owners, and be a supportive friend and business partner to our outstanding HuggleHounds® retailers.
We believe our company values give HuggleHounds® the will and passion to win. When we win, we pledge to celebrate our successes, never take ourselves too seriously, maintain our perspective, enjoy our work, and have FUN!
HuggleHounds® is the most unique, design-driven, and highly-styled line of pet products available on the market. Our innovation, material technology, and durability is what sets us apart from all others.
- We VALUE product innovation, superior design, and delivering exceptional quality products. What we do, we do really well.
- We VALUE our reputation as a manufacturer who provides unique products and extraordinary customer service.
- We VALUE our customers, and we take pride in our customer commitment.
- We VALUE our dedicated employees and suppliers, both here at home and around the globe.
- We VALUE integrity and principals. We're honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
- We VALUE relationships. We believe in people. And we believe that together, we can help build a strong business that respects fair competition and builds a more robust industry.
- We VALUE passion. It's the heart of our company, and together we are continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving.
- We VALUE accountability. In our company, we all pledge that "if it is to be, it must be up to me".
HUGGLEHOUNDS® MAP POLICY
MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING POLICY
Allure Pet Products, LLC (“Allure”) recognizes that our authorized resellers and distributors (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Resellers”) invest time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience through knowledgeable staff and unique product presentation. To support our Resellers’ efforts and protect Allure’s reputation for exceptional pet products, Allure has unilaterally adopted this Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (hereinafter “MAP Policy,” or “MAP” when solely referring to the Minimum Advertised Pricing) that applies to all Allure’s products, and all of Allure’s authorized resellers:
1. All MAP Policy prices shall be available on Allure’s wholesale reseller portal at https://retailer.hugglehounds.com/, and such pricing may be amended from time to time by Allure. If the price advertised is in another currency, such advertised price shall not be lower than the current converted price as compared to the MAP price. Allure does not require nor will it accept your agreement to comply with this policy. Allure’s Resellers are free to choose whether to to abide by the MAP Policy, just as Allure is free to set the terms on which we will do business with you.
2. The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of Allure products in any and all media, including, without limitation, mailings, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, Internet or similar electronic media, including auctions, paid search ads, and shopping comparison ads, television, radio, tradeshow exhibitions, and public signage. The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed or disseminated to consumers outside the store, offers to sell over the telephone, or final sale prices first disclosed to consumers in “shopping carts” in web based sales.
3. It shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to include in any advertising for Allure products any additional discount, coupon, gift card, rebate, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any Allure product below MAP pricing.
4. MAP applies only to minimum advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold. MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices.
5. “Demo”, “Floor Sample”, “Used” and “Display” products may be advertised at prices below the current MAP only in local print media or on the Reseller’s own website, provided the description accompanying the advertised price clearly states that the products are “Demo”, “Floor Sample”, “Used” or “Display” products and are sold “AS IS” without any warranty by Allure or any right of return, exchange or refund. For purposes of this MAP Policy, Resellers may not advertise any “Demo”, “Floor Sample”, “Used” or “Display” product at a price below the current MAP unless the product being advertised is in the Reseller’s stock prior to being advertised for.
6. Resellers that do not abide by this Policy may be deemed, in Allure’s sole discretion, ineligible for support of advertising or promotional services, materials or discounts, and Allure reserves the right to take any action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy, including termination of reseller authorization, and revocation of any license to use artwork or other trademarks of Allure without Allure’s consent. If a Reseller with multiple store or other locations violates this MAP Policy at any particular store or other location, Allure will consider this to be a violation by all of the Reseller’s locations. Allure may not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this MAP Policy.
7. From time to time Allure may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In such events, Allure reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP policy with respect to the affected product by notifying its resellers of such change in writing. Such notice may be fulfilled by a change made on the pricelist or in an advertisement or promotion set forth on the portal. Such notice may also be given through a flyer or promotion at a tradeshow or other promotional event. Allure further reserves the right to adjust the MAP policy with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all then current Allure resellers.
8. No complaint from any Reseller with respect to the advertising or pricing of any other dealer is sought or will be considered. All questions regarding this MAP Policy or its implementation should be addressed to MAP@hugglehounds.com or Allure’s MAP coordinator, Julie Krauss. No other Allure agent, representative or employee is authorized to discuss this MAP Policy, and no Allure representative or employee, including its MAP coordinator, has authority to modify or alter this MAP Policy.
9. The foregoing is a statement of Allure’s unilateral Policy and expresses the terms upon which it will deal with its Resellers in the United States and Canada. This Policy may be modified by Allure from time to time.
10. FOR DISTRIBUTORS ONLY: In order to continue your relationship with us as a distributor in good standing, you must ensure that the MAP Policy is given to each of your resellers and they must be informed that failure to comply with the Policy will render them ineligible for support of advertising or promotional services, materials or discounts, and Allure reserves the right to take any action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy, including termination of reseller authorization, and revocation of any license to use artwork or other trademarks of Allure without Allure’s consent.
PLEASE REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND COMMUNICATE IT TO ALL INDIVIDUALS WITHIN YOUR ORGANIZATION. IT GOVERNS CERTAIN CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR FUTURE ORDERS.